Sirloin Steak with Hardcore Carnivore Rub
You want to do a serious steak that will impress your guests with crazy flavor and looks? Well we've got the quick recipe for you. All you need is a special rub, an oven or smoker, and a hot pan or grill.
We're going to do a reverse sear, which is a cooking technique that allows you to get your cut of beef to a particular temperature and then quickly sear at the end of cooking.
- Get some Circle J Sirloin Steak
- Heat your smoker or oven to 225 Degrees (I use my wood pellet grill)
- Season your Steak with Hardcore Carnivore Black. Yes it is very dark. See the video below about the rub. It is our favorite for sirloins. She cooks with a ribeye in the video, but you'll get the idea.
- Get a temperature probe and insert into the middle of the meat. and watch to see when it gets to 125-130 (depending on how you like your steak) I found that usually with our 12 oz Sirloins this can take 20 minutes depending on your oven / smoker.
- Take your steak off and rest for 10 minutes.
- While your steak is resting, heat your pan or grill to 500 degrees or hotter
- Sear on each side for about 2 mins each
- Slice and serve!